M.Sc. Applied Geography
The Master's degree program in Applied Geography will build on the knowledge gained in the Bachelor's degree program. Since our degree program combines geographical modules with courses from other faculties, there are several specializations available.
In addition to the physical geographical modules, choices include:
- Applied urban geography
- Applied landscape system analysis,
- Applied climatology and hydrology,
The degree program also includes:
- An module in economics as well as
- Compulsory methods modules.
Furthermore, courses are offered in the following fields:
- Life sciences,
- Environmental management,
- Specific geoecology,
- Hydro- and environmental chemistry,
- Applied resources- and environmental geology,
- Economic sciences,
- Urban traffic,
- Urban planning,
- Urban water management,
- Raw materials supply to industrialized countries,
- Remote sensing,
- Area classification and management,
- Computer science.
A course-related professional practical training session has to be passed and a Master's thesis has to be completed during the last term.
This course of study typically begins in the winter semester and is scheduled to take 4 semesters to complete.
The slides from the information event on the two Master's degree programmes on 28.04.2021 can be found here. (german language)