M.Sc. Economic Geography
The Master's degree program in Economic Geography will build on the knowledge gained in the Bachelor's degree program. As our degree program combines geographical modules with courses from other faculties, there are several spezializations available to students.
There are several specialisation options in the Master's degree programme in Economic Geography, building on the following elective modules:
- Service, digitalisation and space,
- Geographical Retail Research,
- Regional development and tourism,
- Knowledge, Innovation and Economic Space
- as well as a module of M.Sc. Applied Geography
- and the compulsory Geographical Methods module.
Intended subsidiary subjects are:
- Waste Management and Environmental Technology,
- Business Administration,
- Social Sciences,
- Computer Science,
- Urban Water and Waste Management,
- Urban and Regional Planning,
- Economics and Economic History.
The following elective specialisations are planned:
- Geographical trade research
- Economic and regional development
- Computer Science
- Airport planning, design and management
- Regional Geography
- Urban planning and transport
- Environmental Management
A professional internship must be completed and a Master's thesis must be written in the last semester.
The programme begins in the winter semester and lasts 4 semesters.
The slides from the information event on the two Master's degree programmes on 28.04.2021 can be found here. (german language)