Geography in Aachen
At the Institute of Geography at RWTH Aachen University, the Bachelor's programme teaches the central principles of a modern geographical education. A specialisation is possible at the end of the degree programme.
The fundamentals of a scientific and at the same time job-related geographical education at RWTH Aachen University include:
- Physical geography,
- economic geography,
- cultural geography and
- methodological education.
In the Master's programme, the knowledge gained in the Bachelor's programme is deepened.
M.Sc. Applied Geography:
- Applied urban geography,
- Applied Landscape Systems Analysis,
- Applied Climatology and Hydrology,
- as well as an economic geography module
- and method and excursion modules
M.Sc. Economic Geography:
- Service, Digitalisation and Space
- Regional Development and Tourism
- Knowledge, Innovation and Economic Space
- as well as a module of applied geography
- and compulsory methods and excursion modules.
There are several options for specialisation in both the Bachelor's programme and the Master's programmes; depending on the choice of geography modules, minor subject as well as supplementary modules from other RWTH-specific subjects. This allows students to form an individual career-oriented study profile at an early stage.
- Waste Management and Environmental Engineering
- Business Administration
- Remote Sensing
- Geographical Trade Research
- Geo Risks
- Earth Sciences
- Social sciences
- Computer Science
- Airport planning, design and management
- Resource Management
- Raw material supply of industrialised countries
- Urban water and waste management
- Urban construction and transport
- Urban planning
- Environmental Biology
- Environmental Geochemistry
- Environmental Management
- Transport and Spatial Planning
- Economics and economic history
- Economic and Regional Development
In all programmes, students must complete an internship and write a thesis in the last semester.